Creating and Managing Coupons
Coupons can be a good way to retain your loyal customers as well as gain new customers.
- To create a new coupon for your store, navigate to Store Dashboard->Coupons. Then click on Add New Coupon.
- Then fill in the fields in the form that you get after clicking on Add New Coupon.
The fields included are:
- Coupon Title: Add the name you want to give your coupon.
- Description: In this field, you can add information explaining what the coupon is about.
- Discount Type: This drop-down lets you select between a percentage and fixed amount for your discount.
- Amount: Add the discount amount (percentage/fixed) here.
- Email Restrictions: Choose to limit the coupon to certain emails if you like. If you insert an email then only customers with that email would be able to use the coupon.
- Usage Limit: Add the number here if you want to restrict coupon usage to a certain amount.
- Expire Date: If you would like for the coupon to remain usable only up to a certain time, select the expiry date from here.
- Exclude Sale Items: You can select this checkbox if you want to opt-out sale items from the coupon offer.
- Minimum Amount: Select the minimum amount an order should be for a customer to apply for the coupon.
- Product: You can select one, multiple, or all products you are selling in your store.
- Exclude products: You can exclude the coupon from applying to a particular product or multiple products.
- Product categories: Include one or multiple product categories into the coupon.
- Exclude product categories: Select one or more product categories to exclude from the coupon offer.
- Show on store: Select this checkbox to display the coupon code on your storefront.
Product (Fixed Amount) Discount
A Fixed Amount Discount coupon means that when a customer uses the coupon they will get a fixed amount discount mentioned on the coupon. Whatever their total order amount is they will get the same amount discount.
To use this option, select Product Discount from the Discount Type drop-down.
This will also show when you view all your coupons from the Vendor Dashboard as Fixed Amount under Coupon Type.
Product Percentage (%) Discount
A Product Percentage Discount means that when a customer uses the coupon on their order then they will get a discount that depends on the order total amount. They will get a discount for the percentage of that total that you specified on the coupon.
To use this option, select Product % Discount from the Discount Type drop-down.
This will also show when you view all your coupons together from the Vendor Dashboard as Percent under Coupon Type.
Show Coupon on Storefront
You can show the coupon on the storefront by checking the last option on the add coupon page.
This is how the coupon will display from your store frontend: